Angels Senior Living Rehabilitative Services
At Angels Senior Living, the goal of our rehabilitative services is to improve seniors’ level of functioning to help them lead more independent and active lives. After a surgery, accident, or prognosis, rehabilitation has been proven to be a great method of getting seniors back on their feet. Rehabilitative services do not have to be purely physical either. We also offer services for those who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, dementia, and other cognitive impairments. These services may be used as part of a short-term recovery plan after surgery or an accident, or as part of a lifestyle change as part of a treatment plan for a diagnosis such as arthritis.
Our Rehabilitative Process
Physical therapists provide treatment based on proven principles of physical rehabilitation and medicine, which starts with a thorough evaluation for each patient. This allows us to identify current and potential problems, and determine a prognosis. In addition, we design a personalized plan of care, perform periodic re-evaluations, and implement care to ensure that patients attain the highest level of improvement. This allows our specialized clinical professionals and rehabilitation experts to create a plan with specialized training to ensure that functional independence is maximized and the patient’s overall quality of life is improved.
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Rehabilitation Services
We have worked with the spectrum of Alzheimer’s and all stages of dementia in facilities, or with the patient and family in their home or outpatient setting. Our involvement at every stage of the patient’s disease is rather specific to the need of the patient and their families and or caregivers.
On the first visit we conduct an in-depth evaluation. After the initial evaluation, feedback is given to the patient and or family/caregiver and a treatment course is plotted to achieve the desired outcome. Treatment plans are then designed for the individual’s needs, such as:
- Verbal and non-verbal communication methods
- Recovery of language, speech, and memory skills
- Oral muscle strength and function for speaking and swallowing
Rehabilitative treatment may consist of many different things that are all dependent upon the individual patient’s needs and requirements. This may generally include:
- Rehabilitation of cognitive skills if tests indicate potential
- Adaptions and techniques to accommodate the loss of cognition
- Education and training of the family/caregiver by developing their insight and strategies on how to handle the patient at home
- Home/apartment safety recommendations and adaptions
Our physical therapy and occupational therapy services were designed to help individuals restore physical functions and adapt to their social and/or physical environment. Depending on the situation, these services may include:
- Exercise programs to improve muscle function, coordination, and endurance
- Pain management
- Training in stability, mobility, positioning, and posture
- Soft tissue and joint mobilization to increase range-of-motion
- Activities for orientation, memory, and cognitive integration
- Adaptive techniques to overcome physical disabilities
- Strength and coordination exercises
- Exercises to maintain normal joint movement to reduce the effects of arthritis and other conditions
For additional information on Angels Senior Living Rehabilitative services, contact us today!