What is Assisted Living?
Assisted living facilities are, at the most basic level, communities where residents live and receive aid with activities of daily living. The goal of assisted living is to provide care for activities of daily living in the most comfortable and home-like atmosphere, which enables residents to maximize the most out of their years. A relatively new concept only 25 years ago, assisted living is the fastest-growing long-term care option for seniors in today’s busy world. Currently, approximately 1.2 million individuals live in nearly 30,000 assisted living facilities across the United States.
Assisted Living Services and Amenities
Assisted living residents usually live in their own semi-private or private apartments that include a furnished or unfurnished bedroom, kitchen area, and bathroom. The amenities and furnishings in these rooms depend upon the individual facility that is chosen. The main reason for a senior to make a move into an assisted living facility is to receive help with the activities of daily life that may be to difficult for them to accomplish alone at home. These activities of daily living include: eating, bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring, ambulation, and continence. In an Angels Senior Living assisted living facility, residents also receive meals, housekeeping, linens and involvement in activities with other residents. However, every assisted living facility is varies in their offered services.
Is Assisted Living the Right Choice?
How do you know if making the move to an assisted living facility is the right choice for you or your loved one? With the help of you or your loved one’s healthcare professionals, it is important to assess the struggles and challenges of daily living at home. Are you able to do everything on your own, or is some assistance required? Have daily activities started to become more and more difficult to do? If so, it is time to look into an assisted living facility. Should you and your or your loved one’s doctor decide that more care is required, we also offer more involved care, including memory care for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia, rehabilitative services for those who need help to improve, and at home care to help seniors stay in their homes for as long as possible.
We have assisted living communities near you.
- In South Tampa we have a beautiful retirement community with a state-of-the-art kitchen, and the comfort and amenities one could only expect in his or her home. The social calendar is always full and community involvement is encouraged. To read more about this location, click Assisted Living South Tampa.
- In Palma Ceia we have an assisted living facility that is focused on memory care with all the comforts of home. Each and every team member receives Level I and Level II memory care education to provide the most current treatment methods and recommendations to our community. To find out more about this location, click Assisted Living Palma Ceia
- At Hacienda Villas – A Non-Profit Community location in Ybor City, we are a culturally diverse community that relishes the close ties we share with Tampa’s History. This location is a non-profit business specializing in HUD housing. We are committed to the quality of care, service, and providing a warm loving environment. To learn more about this location, click Hacienda Villas.
- In Land O’ Lakes, Connerton Court was built in one of our rapidly growing area’s off of Hwy 41. The location was selected because of its easy ability to serve Brooksville, Wesley Chapel, Lutz, Hudson, Odessa, and Trinity area. To find out more about this state-of-the-art facility, click Assisted Living Connerton Court.
- In New Tampa, we have an 80 bed assisted living and memory care facility that includes 24 secured memory care apartments and 48 apartments for independent residents. This location has an ECC license to allow our residents to age in place. To find out more about this location please click Assisted Living New Tampa.
- In North Tampa, we have been caring for the elderly for over three decades. We come from a down home country background which is reflected in our Southern Hospitality and community culture. Many of our staff has been here for more than 10 years. Visit our Assisted Living North Tampa page to find out more information.
- In Palm Harbor we have a lovely mediterranean style mansion that gives the feel of a luxurious bed and breakfast. Nestled in the suburbs of Palm Harbor, back off the road providing safety and a beautifully crafted landscape. To find out more about this location, click Assisted Living Palm Harbor.
- In Dunedin, our facility provides a home-like atmosphere allowing ease and comfort for safety and mobility. Our floor plans include suites, private and semi-private rooms with bathrooms that all have safety in mind. To learn more about this location, click Assisted Living Dunedin.
- In New Port Richey we strive for excellence in everything we do. Our well trained, caring and devoted staff provide your loved ones with stimulating physical and mental activities to enrich their daily lives. We also come equipped with an ECC license allowing our residents to age in place. To find out all our facility has to offer, click Assisted Living New Port Richey.
- In Lutz, The Lodges of Idlewild is our newest and finest assisted living facility. The peace and tranquility in our beautiful conservation protected lands enhances the care beyond what others may offer. Angels Senior Living at The Lodges of Idlewild offers the warmth of a mountain lodge with the sophistication of a grand hotel. Visit Assisted Living The Lodges of Idlewild for more information.
- In Sarasota we are currently building our next assisted living facility. To be the first to find out when our facility is completed fill out the form by clicking Assisted Living Sarasota.
- In Hernando, we are building a brand new assisted living facility that is coming soon. Be the first to know about this location by clicking Assisted Living Hernando.
Angels Senior Living strives to make our assisted living facilities as close to living at home as possible. We freshly prepare every meal with quality ingredients according to a menu from a registered dietician. Our care team is available around the clock to assist with any care your loved one may need. We serve as a liaison between resident families and their medical professionals to organize appointments, medications, and therapy. Every employee goes through intensive written and practical training before they join our team and work individually. Additionally, we train and counsel all employees to follow our corporate statement that our residents’ well being always comes first and to treat them with the dignity and respect we pay to our own parents and grandparents.
For additional information on Angels Senior Living assisted living facilities, contact us today!